Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brynn's 11th Birthday

So Brynn's birthday is just around the corner (October 29) and I've been working like crazy on the favors for her party. Being that her birthday is only s couple of days away from Halloween, she really enjoys having Halloween themed parties. This year I've actually taken a lot more time in putting the favors together & actually got a pretty good head start. The best part us, after I'm done, the rest will be up to my sister in law, Katherine, owner of Sweet August Events & Punky Parties. I decided that this year instead of burning myself out and trying to do it all myself, we'd hire Sweet August to take care of all the details for me. What a weight off my shoulders! Anyway, here is my contribution to the party:

"Pumpkin Poop" party favors (candy corn) in a clear cellophane bag with a cute poem-
'I started to carve a pumpkin with my carving knife & scoop,
But the pumpkin got so scared that he took a little poop.
It looked so cute & funny, just like a candy treat,
So I'm sharing it with you, because you are so sweet.'

"Ghost Kisses"
Mini marshmallows in clear cellophane bags.

"Ghost Pops"
Blow Pops (or Tootsie Pops) covered in white tissue paper

Halloween Pencils with Halloween Paper Toppers

Another cool DIY that I did was the boxes that I displayed the Ghost Pops & Pencils. I saved cereal boxes & decoupaged Halloween papers onto the boxes. Then I drilled the appropriate size holes in each box & presto! Coordinating display boxes!

"Spider Dust"
Purple Pixie Stick Powder poured into clear plastic test tubes complete with topper & 'Eat Me' tag. (Test Tubes w/toppers purchased for $4.99 for a pack of 25 on Amazon.com)

"Ear Wax Powder"
(Same basic concept ad Spider Dust)
Orange Pixie Stick powder poured into clear plastic test tubes.

I have a couple more things in mind, & I know Katherine does to, so I'll post more when I get it all together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment